Family Literacy Programs
Join us for a Magic Carpet Ride
The 2017 - 2018 season is under way!
Brownfield School (10 am - 12 pm) with Miss Amanda
Coronation Memorial Library (9:30 am - 11:30 am) with Miss Trina
Paintearth Lodge - 4501 55 Ave. Castor (10 am - 12 pm) with Miss Cristina
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
- Magic Carpet Ride is a FREE, weekly program for children from 6 months to 5 years and their caregivers
- We promote literacy through songs, stories, and play.
- Read together
- Talk about what you see
- Sing songs about every-day things
- Encourage drawing or writing
- In any language.
- Weekly, one on one Family Literacy support
- Supports parents to be confident as their child's first teacher
- Builds on what parents already know about helping their child
- Encourages parents to take an active role in their child's literacy development
- Provides a variety of tools and strategies to help parents teach their child
You should contact Building Blocks to:
- make sure your preschooler has all the tools he or she will need to succeed
- make sure your child does not face the same challenges you faced
- support your child's language development now
- get fun ideas that encourage learning and literacy