Family Literacy Programs
Join us for a Magic Carpet Ride
The 2018 - 2019 season has begun!!
Paintearth Lodge - 4501 55 Ave. Castor (10 am - 12 pm) with Miss Cristina
Coronation Memorial Library (9:30 am - 11:30 am) with Miss Trina
Brownfield School (9:15 am - 11:15 am) with Miss Amanda
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
- Magic Carpet Ride is a FREE, weekly program for children from 6 months to 5 years and their caregivers
- We promote literacy through songs, stories, and play.
- Read together
- Talk about what you see
- Sing songs about every-day things
- Encourage drawing or writing
- In any language.
Tot Romp/Magic Carpet Ride Combo
Join us for 10 weeks of Magic Carpet Ride and Tot Romp together! Starting January 7, enjoy literacy and physical activity such as reading, songs, free play and a snack with your children.
Mondays at Brownfield School, 10:00-11:30am. January 7 - March 18, 2019.
- Weekly, one on one Family Literacy support
- Supports parents to be confident as their child's first teacher
- Builds on what parents already know about helping their child
- Encourages parents to take an active role in their child's literacy development
- Provides a variety of tools and strategies to help parents teach their child
You should contact Building Blocks to:
- make sure your preschooler has all the tools he or she will need to succeed
- make sure your child does not face the same challenges you faced
- support your child's language development now
- get fun ideas that encourage learning and literacy